Teachers, caregivers and hostel wardens of 5 Birla schools under Birla Education Trust at PILANI, underwent a journey of 10 months with Ummeed to enhance their understanding of adolescent behaviour, emotions and the needs.The process culminates into each participants becoming a certified Pastoral Guide who is equipped to deal with social and emotional concerns of adolescence in their care after rigorous training, case study and dissertation.
FEEDBACK OF THE PARTICIPANTS:
1. One of the most amazing journey I went through where I actually learn how to become a human. The life skill learnt would always enlighten me in my both personal and professional growth and hope would do justice with the skill learnt by enabling and spreading it. Salony ma’am I had no word to thank you for this journey and experiences . I have carried lots of insights with and have tried to give you a token for thanks in the appreciation. Hope you will like it. PANKAJ KUMAR, BIRLA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
2. Maine Ms. Salony Priya madam aur ummeed team se bohut kuch hasil kiya aur mere bartav mein jo badlav aya woh ummed ki den hain. Mujhe English mein problem hotey huye bhi, Salony Priya ma’am & Ummeed team ne bohut kuch sikhane ki kosish ki and I am very happy. Thanks to all Ummeed family. ABBAS ALI, BIRLA SCHOOL PILANI
3. BCS training is boon for the teachers. As school teachers deal with the students of different age groups. BCS provide knowledge to understand their behaviour. Thanks to Salony ma’am and team UMMEED to provide such a wonderful sessions to enlighten us to deal with the situation as a teacher as well as chief warden. SUMAN SHEKHAWAT,BIRLA BALIKA VIDYAPEETH PILANI
4. The BCS workshop by Mrs. Salony Priya was an enriching experience for all of us and for me in particular. So many issues that were grey earlier were resolved during the workshop. Mrs. Salony Priya felicity in words and her infectious humour made the workshop a breeze. Loved it – every single session. SEEMA SINHA, BIRLA BALIKA VIDYAPEETH PILANI
5. My journey of becoming as pastoral guide started in July 2018. It had been really very informative, we got to learn so much about human behaviour and as pastoral guides learnt how to help students cope with situations. We learnt so many techniques of counselling which would really be beneficial for us to help out and handle situations which we everyday come across. MRS.REETA SHARMA, BIRLA SISHU VIHAR
6. The entire journey which was started in the month of July and end today, really amazing. It was like an introduction with ourself. Mrs. Salony ma’am shows us the direction and method to deal with children teens. Through this training we are able to see hidden icebergs not only of ourself, also of our students and children. We become able to deal the children with their emotions thoughts and value system and now try to give them right direction and approach, make them learn to take their own decision to take calculated risk. A BIG THANKS TO LOVING AND CARING SALONY MA’AM AND HER ENTIRE TEAM. MS.NEELAM MATA, BIRLA PUBLIC SCHOOL, PILANI